Favorite NXT Match?

Home Forums Random Discussion Favorite NXT Match?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jack Brewer
    Participant

lol ik this isn’t the usual place to ask these types of question. As this site revolves around the fetish of wrestling. But I want to step out of that bubble for a sec and ask you guys, what is your favorite match from NXT? Mine would have to be Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville at R Evolution. The story told through the match was brilliance. A close second would be Sasha vs Bayley, following at third would be Zayn vs Nakamura

Well, it does say random discussion… so you are free to talk about just about anything.

I don’t think i can properly answer that question, as i just got back into watching wrestling again. Even thought i saw the matches you mentioned most of them were after they happened, but I’ll say Bayley vs Asuka 2. I saw that live and the woman’s matches are always the best part of the shows for me.

stillwell
    Participant

I agree that the women are easily the best part of the shows- I don’t pay much attention to the rest, not much in the way of personalities among the men anymore and every word is scripted now- and I didn’t know what NXT was until the last year or so. I wish I had seen AJ Lee when she was there. I wish she’d come back.

as far as personalities go, there no one more entertaining then Enzo and Cass.. Mainly Enzo, he really does have the gift of gab, although he’s still working on the jab part. He is just naturally a great shit talker and you can’t teach that.

Jack Brewer
    Participant

yea i also really liked the tag match between the revival and diy. The revival have been on fire lately

stillwell
    Participant

I’ll just say that they don’t do anything for me. As I said, everything is scripted today and no one is allowed to deviate from the script, even the ringside announcers, who actually have a script in front of them. Even at that the announcers are not very good. Bring back Good Ol JR I say. They’re trying to vitalize the womans division but in doing so they just shoved some of their good long time talent aside. Paige is suspended now but hasn’t been on TV for a very long time and she is excellent. Also almost all of the womens matches end in a submission now, no one ever gets KO’d anymore. Too bad. It’s becoming pretty much the same old same old every week. I guess that’s what can happen when a goof like Stephenie McMahon and a jerk like HHH running things.

Jack Brewer
    Participant

gotta disagree man, especially with the Miz’s promo on talking smack, straight emotion right there. As for the announcers there are Corey Graves, Mauro Ranallo, and Daniel Bryan. All three are great especially Mauro. The women’s division is slowly rebuilding but they gotta stop focusing it on just Sasha and Charlotte and start using girls like Summer Rae, but it’s nice too see Bayley in the mix. All the women need to do now is get Dana Brooke back down in NXT. And for the KO’s Bayley, Alexa, Charlotte(sometimes), Nikki, Asuka(sometimes), Billie Kay, and Ember Moon(Athena) have KO finishers. Sasha used to have this neckbreaker finisher but she doesn’t really use it too much anymore. But if you haven’t seen NXT from 2014 you missed out on a really great year

stillwell
    Participant

I’ve never seen NXT at all. Do you have to subscribe to the WWE network to see it? When I speak about the lack of KO’s I’m talking about in the WWE. They just don’t let them do it anymore. Most matches end in submissions and a few end in pins but never any KO’s unless you count the big, fat Nia whatever her name is and she sucks. I think Stephenie “The Boob” McMahon just won’t allow it because women shouldn’t end up like that (or something). It’s getting more and more boring every week.

Jack Brewer
    Participant

yep it’s just 9.99. I’m telling you i’ve seen some of the best matches in the wwe from that brand. If you want to know some must see women’s matches I’d say watch Charlotte vs Natalya at Takeover
    Sasha vs Charlotte at R Evolution
    4 Horsewomen Fatal 4 way at Rival
    Sasha vs Becky at Unstoppable
    Sasha vs Bayley at Brooklyn
    Sasha vs Bayley Iron Match at Respect
    Asuka vs Emma at London
    Asuka vs Bayley Rematch at Brooklyn 2
    Seriously NXT is worth it. Not just for the women but the whole entire thing. But I’d suggest you watch the first live special, Arrival, so you can see Sami Zayn vs Cesaro

stillwell
    Participant

With little exception the guys in the WWE just don’t interest me. Rollins, Reigns, Orton, Wyatt, Lesnar and a very few others are good but Zayn and Cesaro do nothing for me and if I never saw Cena or Ziggler again I wouldn’t mind. The problem may be that since the attitude era ended and they went PG it’s all become boring. Another problem is that there is no great big bad guy, meaning a Mr. McMahon, to hate. Stephenie is just a (insert C word here) and HHH is yesterdays news. I’m old school, going back to the 60’s and 70’s when wrestling was still regional and you had the NWA, AWA, WWWE and their territorial offshoots. It was just a lot more fun then although there was very little female action back then. With the women getting so little TV time maybe they should given the women their own show, 1 hr. a week. It doesn’t have to be in prime time but that’s the only way all the deserving women can get enough screen time to get over.

Jack Brewer
    Participant

You gotta give them a chance. Those guys are underutilized and can tell great stories. And NXT is basically basic storyline and storytelling. They have big bad heels. Like Tyson Kidd, that guy will go down as one of the most underrated wrestlers in the WWE. Kevin Owens is an amazing hel, I don’t want to spoil why he is such a great l but I’m telling you you gotta see his run in NXT. Samoa Joe I shouldn’t even need to explain. And you gotta see girls like Asuka, Ember Moon, and Daria Berenato. Ember has one of the best finishers in the business right now. Asuka is an amazing tweener relying on beating the living shit out of people. Emma was down inNXT and her matches with Asuka were so hard hitting.And NXT isbl the pg era done right

To be honest @mrstillwell, I think you just need to take a break from watching TV wrestling. You just seem so annoyed with everything it makes me wonder why you still watch. I’ve just gotten back into watching wrestling and i have been really enjoying the shows, both male and female, NXT and WWE, so maybe you just need a break.

Also, if you want to say cunt, say cunt, don’t put “enter C word here” and have me say cunt for you, just say cunt yourself next time.

stillwell
    Participant

The (enter C word here) was a bit of a joke because that’s what the WWE would do now as opposed to the Attitude era when they were both fun and exciting. So…..CUNT! For the most part I am taking a break and recording the shows and then fast forwarding through most of the shows and stopping and watching when I see something I like, which is mostly the women and just a little of the men. As I said I am old school and there are very few performers around today that have the mike skills of a Rick Flair, a Dusty Roades, a Nick Bockwinkel, a Bobby Heenan, The Road Warriors, Dick the bruiser and his cousin The Crusher (the wrestler who made Milwaukee famous!) and many, many others. The reason for that is all the scripting. Everything is written for the performers now and they’re not allowed to deviate from the script much. Jim Cornette has talked about this repeatedly and discussed how it has taken so much away from the spontaneous creativity of the performers. To me the ladies are better because they show them more but the rest just isn’t up to snuff. Also, I think, the lack of competition has allowed the WWE to go a little stale. Just 15 or so years ago, when the WCW was challenging and often beating the WWE on TV there was great competition and much better and exciting results. The RAW vs. Smackdown competition is just garbage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.