Launching a wrestling site: Would love some feedback!

Home Forums Random Discussion Launching a wrestling site: Would love some feedback!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mitch Belfort
    Participant

Apparently this is the best place for these discussions. What’s up KO fanatics. My name is Mitch and to be honest there’s nothing more I like to see than a hottie getting knocked out constantly; its even hotter when they’re indie wrestlers who are meant to be tough!

I recently came into a lot of money – so I decided since I’ve got 2 years free and I’m pretty young (22), I’d launch something we all love – female wrestling. I would like feedback on what sort of matches you guys wanna see – whether Piledriver matches, straight up KO matches or other stuff.

I’d also like some feedback on who you would like to see on my site. I will launch it sometime next month – but it has gone off to a good start. We’ve got Mickie James already interested in joining us, and awaiting responses of Melina Perez and Brooke Tessmacher.

Need some feedback from the KO experts. Do respond 😉

Cheers,
    Mitch

This is my facebook page I just made today :https://www.facebook.com/Atlantic-Female-Wrestling-Association-434999346694682/ Like and share ! would be so appreciated.

stillwell
    Participant

I’m amazed and I don’t know what to tell you. I love a straight KO match with a wide variety of KO moves and holds. Mickie James and the rest- incredible. See if you can get AJ Lee. That would be the biggest thing ever.

Mitch Belfort
    Participant

I just finalized Mickie James. I met her demands and she is officially in. Many other indy wrestlers have followed up too like Taeler Hendrix, Santana Garrett, Taylor Made, Renee Michelle, Cherry Bomb and fingers-crossed, Tessa Blanchard will make her return to customs. Ashley Wildcat is also in – but she will be in a seperate shoot with Sumiko (when she accepts the offer) as it may be too much to ask to get them wrestling professionals.

AJ Lee is gonna be a tough cookie – but I think with our financial capability, anything is possible. I will enquire about her today.

Thanks for the feedback.

stillwell
    Participant

If all this is true…..amazing. Good luck with it all. Keep us informed.
    Give Victoria a shot too.

I don’t really know what to say. Just be careful. Some unknown people many not be trust worthy and may try to take advantage of you. Also be careful, people can get hurt doing this and no one wants that to happen.

Mitch Belfort
    Participant

It’s all good. The people I work with are all trustworthy – and contacts to wrestlers made were via their direct personal e-mails or social media, so all is good.

You mentioned being careful – there will be a shoot manager, and in addition, they are professionals. They should be experienced in avoiding getting hurt – hence why I’m going for the best of the best. But safety is a definite priority.

When your done editing your site – provide some feedback on matches, wrestlers you wanna see, etc! Thanks!

😀

I know you think that your have you bases covered, but just trust me when i say, you just can’t trust everyone,

Also i hope your ready for all the behind the scenes work that comes with running this site, one of the reasons why a lot of these sites put out bad product is because they thought they could just point a camera at some girls and sell it one the web.. it’s not that easy.

I’m not too worried about who you shoot, but how you shoot, where you shoot, how you direct, how the moves look and how the final product looks. If you fail at any of these things, the whole project will fail. There is a craft to this line of work and it is often underestimated on how difficult this can be. Don’t underestimate this business.

stillwell
    Participant

You raise some excellent points above, the kinds of points that most of us not as familiar with the business wouldn’t realize but you, because of your closer familiarity with some of the producers, would. I mean, I’ve never been on set for an SKW shoot but you have. I think we all hope the creator of this new site is spectacularly successful and finds a way to give us things we’ve never seen before (Mickie James jobbing in a custom- SPECTACULAR!) but the jury remains out. We can hope but we’ll see.

Mitch Belfort
    Participant

Well – that’s the fun of business isn’t it? You can fail or be successful. Hence why I have gone for big names to kickstart the business. But If I’m being honest with you, I am not doing this for the money at all – I am just making this out of our love for female wrestling and KO’s I guess.

Mickie James has responded to the use of customs and has said that she will need to approve the script before shooting the video – so I guess that’s one step forward. Here are the shoot lineups prepared:

1ST SHOOT (LINEUP):
    MICKIE JAMES
    CHERRY BOMB
    SANTANA GARRETT
    RENEE MICHELLE
    TESSA BLANCHARD
    TAELER HENDRIX
    JESSICKA HAVOK
    AMBER RODRIGUEZ

2ND SHOOT (LINEUP):
    ALLIE PARKER
    CLAUDIA DEL SOLIS
    ASHLEY WILDCAT

SHORTLISTED:
    SAPPHIRE
    JADE CHUNG
    BROOKE ADAMS
    MIA YIM
    MARTI BELLE
    SUMIKO

I am definitely ready to see some of these videos. I do hope the for the best and this will be quite the learning experience.

I look forward to reviewing your 1st vid!

stillwell
    Participant

That’s quite a line up. I assume all the performers would want to approve the script but what do I know? By the way- will there be mixed matches? I’d love to see Mickie James jobbing in a mixed match.

stillwell
    Participant

Just wondering what the current status of this new site is.

McChurl
    Participant

I think variety is the key . Don’t just shoot material that you like . If you can offer a little something for everyone , from serious competition to goofy boxing matches , you should be able to build a solid fan base for yourself .

I don’t think he’s making anything, far as i can tell he’s gone quite. I would be more then happy to be proven wrong though, but i doubt that will happen.

stillwell
    Participant

Yeah, it seemed a little too good to be true, especially when he listed Mickie James as being among the participants. But I, like you, wouldn’t mind being proven wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.