Do you care about Video Resolution?

Home Forums Random Discussion Do you care about Video Resolution?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sig Kircheis
    Participant

I was looking at one of Mark’s recent review & I thought the screencaps looked a little fuzzy.

Maybe I’m spoiled, but 720×480 seems really old-school these days. Even SKW’s & FWR’s 1280×720 seems falling behind the curve these days when 1920×1080 has become common.

Is it just me? Am I a pixel snob? (Is there a cure for that?)

McChurl
    Participant

Picture quality is important . If the video looks blurry and out of focus it can be an awful distraction . ( Not to mention the fact that it can make the person shooting the video look like a rank amateur . ) And , if the fuzzy video also happens to be an expensive custom order , you might seriously consider taking your future business elsewhere .

Yes it matters, but only when it comes to 480 vids. I don’t like vids that low-res. They really need to step their game up. 720 vids still look fine to me, while 1080 are just lovely, but they are still pretty monstrous files and that still seems to be a problem for a good slice of our community. bottom line. CombatFetish.com does it right offering 1080 and 720 versions.

Sig Kircheis
    Participant

I’ve noticed on clips4sale (not a site I hit very often) that several stores offer the same vid in both 720 & 1080, and sometimes in both mp4 and wmv.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.