Director

Home Forums Random Discussion Director

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stillwell
    Participant

Watch Raw tonight…nice match between Charlotte and Bailey…..Bailey actually wins….finishes Charlotte off with a Bailey bomb, actually KO’s her, Charlotte spread eagled and Bailey pins her. And…..the director immediately cuts to a crowd shot. As if anyone cares about anything what is going on in the crowd. Maybe 1/2 a second of Charlotte laying spread eagled in the ring and hat from a distance. They have been doing that forever and I HATE IT! I’m sure it’s a directive from Vince McMahon thinking that will show how much everyone in the crowd loves being there so much but no one watching on TV cares about that. Arrrrrgh! Frustration!!!!!

Sig Kircheis
    Participant

Crowd shots are a staple of TV sports during “breaks in the action”, e.g. baseball, football, slightly less in basketball & ice hockey where the action is more continuous, but still have breaks. I think for the mainstream pro wrestling audience, an unconscious wrestler is a “break in the action”, unless their opponent brings a woodchipper into the ring.

A wood chipper! HAHAHAHA!!! Yea that would be something to keep an eye on, holy shit.

But yea, Stillwell, you can’t be expecting fetish material from your PG, mainstream, family orientated, prime time wrestling show. I think a major part of your frustration is you’re looking in the wrong place for what you want, like trying to squeeze juice from a stone. You want spread eagle KOs and crotch shots, come here, i post that shit almost daily, then you can grab the vid from whoever i reviewed that day. But if you want some good high quality female pro wrestling, well, WWE might be the better source for that. In my opinion, you need to stop watching WWE, you’re clearly not enjoying the shows anymore.

stillwell
    Participant

You’re right about not enjoying their product as much anymore. It ain’t what it once was. But regarding the main subject of the post…..there is no reason to switch to a crowd shot exactly 1/4 of a second after the 3 count is finished. Nothing going on in the crowd that anyone needs to see. They don’t do that so immediately in any other sport. They stay with the action at least for a few moments after a home run, a touch down, or a goal. They’ll switch to a crowd shot fairly soon but not immediately. They don’t have to focus directly or only on the beaten woman but to switch away from the ring completely and immediately, especially in professional wrestling where sometimes the action begins after the match is over…ridiculous. They will stay focused on the ring in mens matches but almost never with the woman. And anyone who enjoys what we enjoy and isn’t bothered by that…..well, whatever. And I obviously do come here for that stuff or you would never have heard of me.

You don’t watch any other sports with such scrutiny. In every sport crowd reaction is extremely important. No matter what goal or point or what ever is achieved the cameras go to the crowd to see their reaction. When Bayley beat the champ, you have to go to the crowd to see all those shock and excited faces. That’s how they make those highlight reels with crowd reactions, which I feel you probably hate too. Bayley is one of the biggest female babyface since… John Cena.. (not a shot a Cena btw, just no woman have been this big of a face, ever i think). Then after a couple of seconds they go back to see Bayley celebrating and you can still see Charlotte laying there, but it wasn’t the point of the shot. Saying they never go back the ring and the only look at the crowd is just a lie. They would never let you miss anything shocking that would happen after the match, because as you said, everything is so scripted now, so they would know it coming, right? You’re so bitter about not seeing a good shot of a KO’d Charlotte has you blowing details out of proportion.

stillwell
    Participant

I may be wrong but that doesn’t mean I’m lying. Been nice knowing you.

Sorry foe calling you a liar, don’t mean to offend. No need to get all salty over a nice debate. Know I’m not taking shots at you as person, but only at your point of view.

stillwell
    Participant

Accepted. Now, where were we? Oh yes….everyone was agreeing with me about directors cutting away from the ring too quick.

Jack Brewer
    Participant

Honestly Charlotte isn’t as ugly as people say. But they put on a decent match

stillwell
    Participant

She’s not ugly at all but she’s not a raving beauty either. She’s very straight at the hips. She is a very good performer winning or losing and a very good heel.

People think Charlotte is ugly? lol. Nah, I think she looks a little too much like Rick, but she by no means ugly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.